Sunday, February 15, 2009

Travels

L4 finished working on his assigned project for work this week. He had mixed feelings about being done. He has met some very good people and has enjoyed the associations with them. He is looking forward to starting on his new assignment. He will be working with one person for the next job, and the job is all internally funded. We are grateful for his employment and especially that he enjoys his job.

I wanted to do a party for little children so that we can meet new people, and The Boy can associate with other little children. He gains energy from being around other children and is happier and more calm after they leave. I made over 8 dozen sugar cookies because I always fear running out of food. Seven different families came and didn’t make a dent in the cookies. I want to learn to be a better estimator on food. We had fun.

We filled our sand box with 14 tons of sand. It was delivered in two waves. The first day it snowed. That was my birthday what a great day! I knew that Heavenly Father loved me for sending snow. I missed the change of seasons. L4 moved the first load around and then next load came the next day. It should be enough sand to fill the box.

Making cookies was our at-home adventure this week. Our real adventure was to drive from home to visit family in Utah. We left Thursday evening after work staying in a hotel that night. We drove all day Friday staying with my Grandpa’s home in Salt Lake. He made us an excellent supper and great company! The next morning he gave L4 this advise, “Romance without finance ain’t got no chance.” He shared with us the advise he was given when he married my Grandma which is “Live on what you make and save a little.” They lived by this advise.

We joined the Locey family reunion on Saturday evening. We will be here with them for a few days. It snowed yesterday. I LOVED IT! Today we celebrated everyone’s birthday for the year with a cake, ice cream, and presents. We are missing Mom, Grandmother, and Grant.

Last night at the university where my sister attends, my sister’s boyfriend proposed to her during the men’s basketball game. They have not announced when they will marry. We are VERY HAPPY for them.

No comments: