Sunday, February 1, 2009

Home Improvements

The Boy loves to watch DVDs. He likes to put them in the drive, start the show, and then likes to take the DVD out of the drive. He is not very gentle with the computer. Today he did something to the drive such that it will not retract back into the computer. A quick (30 minute) call to Dell and a new one will be installed on Wednesday or Thursday of this coming week. That extended warranty has been worth every penny!

The Boy also likes to ride his tricycle in the front room and around the island in the kitchen. It is fun to watch him zoom around the house. He is enlarging his vocabulary each day.

Friday was my off Friday. I took the scout into work for a few hours, though, to offset the time I will take off this month for the family reunion. After that I went into town to pick up a few things. I got two mattresses for The Boy's bunk bed, 10 very heavy 9’ long railroad ties, (the trailer made it possible) and a butchered pig and lamb. It took Mama and I about an hour to pack all the meat into our freezers. We’ll be in big trouble if the power ever goes out!

I spent Saturday digging a trench around the swing set for the railroad ties. The ultimate goal is to make a sand box for The Boy. It took me all day to dig the trench and lay the ties. By the end of the day I was exhausted. I took a break during the afternoon to stop by our neighbor’s house. They have two dogs, Chili and RJ, and were celebrating Chili’s birthday. The Boy had a wonderful time. In all there were about 20 dogs in attendance. We stayed for about 30 minutes and visited with our neighbors. We really lucked out with good neighbors.

Mama has been working on a handful of sewing projects. This week she completed an apron for The Boy. It is a little bit big for him, but it is adorable. He wears it at dinner time or whenever he is eating something that is messy. It is the same style as the one that I have had for years. Mama says that The Boy wants to be like Daddy.

No comments: