Monday, October 25, 2010

Seasons Change

On Tuesday morning, we were notified that our adopted Grandpa George from Pennsylvania died. Grandpa George and his wife Helen took us on adventures and loved us as their own. We are grateful for the love and respect that they shared with us. We hope the best for Grandma Helen and their family.


Underfoot a week ago came and said, “Look Mama. My fingernail came off.” And it had. A few weeks ago he had slammed his finger in the car door which bled. Gross.... He proceeded to tell me that we needed to go to the doctor to have her take his nail off. When I told him, I would be the doctor he looked at me and said in all sincerity, “Mama you are only a Mommy not at doctor.” Needless to say I wore both hats that day. I amputated the rest of the fingernail off.



We resumed Joy School this week. Underfoot loved going and participating. He apparently isn’t a very messy painter. His style is a minimalist. I think he gets that from his Father. He has started to enjoy coloring more starting this past week. When he doesn’t want to do a job or be helpful, he will say to me that he can’t because he is finishing his work and can’t leave it. Wow! What a retort!

K2 has been trying to cut a molar for about 2 weeks now. This past week he decided that he would eat supper and then he would eat late supper around 10:30 pm. L4 is more kind than I am because L4 would get up and feed K2 and make sure he was doing well. He is a very kind Daddy. K2 also decided audition for the Blue Man Group by painting his body blue before church on Sunday. Luckily the paint was only on his body and the front room floor and was washable. He is quite proficient at opening lids unless they are screwed on extremely tight. I have caught him sucking toothpaste (which I know can be toxic), water bottles, and other random, hopefully non-toxic, items.

On Saturday we had Christmas a little early. Our friends who moved to Alabama asked if we would consider getting some treasures from their home they have on the market. They are the same family that shared their chickens with us. We scored dirt, wiring, a sink, sand boxes, t-posts, and hopefully enough bricks to cover our BBQ/firepit area. It was a fun adventure! We thank them for giving us so much! After we got home from our adventure, we planted our garden in the dark with little boys.

On Sunday was the children’s sacrament meeting presentation. Because L4 and I have responsibilities with the children we got to sit on the stand and participate also. Our boys got to sit with our Tucson adopted Grandparents. They (our boys and the children) did great! In our class we played musical chairs only 10,000 times. To conclude the meeting, I shared one of my talents by playing a duet on my viola. L4 said it sounded good. Thanks to my parents for encouraging me and giving me the opportunity to learn.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

I'm so sorry about Grandpa George. I know you had a lot of good times with him.

Cyndy said...

I'm sorry for your loss, how wonderful to have such people in your lives for any period of time! I also asked the dentist about sucking on tubes a toothpaste...yuck!