Sunday, October 10, 2010

BYU Homecoming

Happy Anniversary to Dad and Mom! They have been married for 41 years! What a great accomplishment! We wish them many more.

The weather has been cooling off. We had only one day over a 100 degrees this week. The other days have be dipping from mid-90s to high-80s. Last night cooled off to high-50s. It was awesome! Finally it feels a little fall-esque. Yesterday we bought 36 bags of manure to put into our garden so the soil can be enriched again to grow plants.

All of K2’s clothes have been changed because he is growing. For me it is always a sad day when my children become bigger. I hope that I have taught them the lessons they need to know. It is part of the life cycle but do I enjoy the stage of life they are in currently? I really hope so.

As for adventures, we went to the Children’s Museum and co-hosted a local BYU homecoming event. With the Joy School and a neighbor we went and explored the museum. It is the perfect age for Underfoot and K2.
The favorite exhibits were trains and the music room. Underfoot loved getting food in the shopping cart. With two boys going two different directions, the boys were dressed in bright colors so I could find them easily. It helped on a few occasions.

That afternoon we went shopping. I have started to learn about how to coupon shop. It is a whole new world. My favorite part was at the register- the initial total was $94.02 and then the coupons were added into the mix. The final cost $24.77. It was a 73% savings. I keep smiling.

BYU celebrated 50 years in acoustics research this year with the theme “Dare to Discover”, and we really wanted to be at the homecoming events that would highlight that part of the Physics Department for L4 this year. Instead of traveling to Provo, we brought homecoming to us with food, football, and even shirts.
H L and I brainstormed and planned a “banquet” for adults only, a Fun Run and Pancake breakfast, and a tailgate with the game!
L4 and I participated in each event and hope that others enjoyed the festivities as well.
We noticed that we referred a lot to our Penn State experience since that is where our relationship began.
We hope to create more memories for ourselves and our boys.

1 comment:

Kris said...

I almost crashed your homecoming party- it sounded like lots of fun!

I think I need to take my kiddos to the Children's Museum. It looks like so much fun! We've never been- how lame am I?