Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Felt Monsters

The boys decided to make felt monsters.
In the process, they pulled out every piece of felt that we owned. The results were darling.


The Blue and Gold Banquet was last week for Cub Scouts. International flavors were shared from beans and rice, pot stickers, almond cookies, lasagna. One of the cutest things brought was a rice crispy sushi with gummy fish and fruit roll ups. Underfoot finished a belt loop, his first since we moved. The evening was fun with goofy awards for leaders and many different rank advancements for boys. After cleaning up, I taught a the Citizenship in the Community merit badge for the troop. It made for a Scout filled evening.

I went to a lecture for parents by Lisa Van Gemert who spoke about emotional intelligence and how to cultivate it for children. I enjoyed the lecture very much. She took the points of her lecture from a man named Daniel Goleman. He wrote a book called Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ.

Sweetheart gave me a photography class. I attended the first session last week. The class went through a basic history and then shutter speed. The class is 5 weeks long. Sweetheart participated in a Chili Cook Off at work. He took a pot of white chili. He didn't win. We are starting to get to know people in our congregation by having them come to our home for supper. Sweetheart took out my stitches out of my back.

We attended a birthday party for Sweetheart's friend, Brandon.

We brought a checkerboard cake to share.
The cake was really delicious.

One night Hurricane got a really painful ache in his side. He couldn't stand up straight or walk. He tried to get hydrated and threw up on me. That's always a bright spot in a parent's day. Hoping there is no throw in your coming week.

Be Well.

 Hurricane enjoying his robe.

I hung my necklaces.
They are organized and untwisted.
 This is the assembly of the checkerboard cake.

Hurricane and I colored online.

No comments: