Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Birthday Surprises!

Sweetheart had been stressing what to do for my birthday. A new decade could be seen as a big deal. He wanted to arrange for a surprise. He did help with a surprise beyond all surprises. Scott, my brother, said that he was going to spend his birthday with me. Scott and I share a birthday.
Everyone of my family members decided that they would join in the surprise.

Wednesday night late Sweetheart said that he was going to work because he couldn't sleep. This in itself isn't a strange occurrence. He just doesn't sleep well. I passed out and tend to sleep very deeply when not being chased. At 12:45 am Thursday morning, a song woke me - "Happy Birthday!" I wasn't sure if I was dreaming or what. My parents had flown in for a surprise. It took me a while to register what was happening. Fifteen minutes later I was down stairs and more awake. My parents were thinking that their coming was a mistake. I was surprised and overwhelmed.

The next day Sweetheart worked, the boys went to school, and my parents helped me hang pictures on the walls. Little did I know that more surprises were in the works. I went to photography class. Behind the scenes, Sweetheart picked up Aaron and his baby from the airport. His wife was coaching at a soccer tournament in Arizona. My parents took the boys shopping for a present. I didn't know about the behind the scenes. Sweetheart brought me home. The door bell rang, and Aaron and Chucho were at the door. The doorbell rang again. My Dad had ding donged ditched and thought he was so funny. The doorbell rang again, and everyone was in side. Katie and her 3 children were at the door. I started to cry. I was amazed that she would drive from Missouri with 2 little ones and a newborn.
Scott had called and said that for his birthday he was skiing on ski patrol in Idaho. He said that his family would join him on the slopes. The doorbell rang again. It was Underfoot this time. He thought he was supremely funny! Around 11:30 pm the doorbell rang again. Scott and Jill with their girls came. What an AMAZING surprise!

I said the boys needed to go to school to take their tests. Katie said she had just driven across Kansas, and they didn't need to go. The boys stayed home to play with their cousins. The girls and boys split up. The girls went and had their nails done
and then shopped at the thrift store.
The boys went to Cabella's. The boys looked at all the neat stuffed animals, fish, and gear. We ate lots of good food. For supper we went to a local place called the Parker Garage.

After dinner we stayed up late talking. On Saturday we went to a local car museum and then went swimming at the Parker Recreation Center. We topped it all off with a late lunch at Red Robin.
I took my parents to the airport. Scott and Katie headed for home. Aaron stayed until Sunday afternoon.
We had 17 people in our house for 3 days. What a great 3 days!

Hurricane really didn't want to go back to school after the party. His Mom made him though even with complaints of wanting to throw up. He did throw up at school and stayed home for the next 2 days. One of those days was Valentine's.
He had previous chosen cards which he filled out, and I delivered to school. We even took a gift to the custodian for helping Hurricane.
Underfoot's class made in house Valentine's and drew a person's name in class to bring them breakfast. He wanted to bring something additional since in all his school years he had brought something. He ended up bringing fun size packages of M&Ms.

That night we held a manners dinner with a salad, main course, and dessert course.
The table was set with lots of goldware and china. We laughed together and toasted a bunch.


The boys were out of school Friday and Monday. They read,
cleaned house, practiced the piano, and helped with canning yummy syrup.
We made 4 1/2 gallons. It will be so much easier than making it every week.

I spoke in church on Sunday about keys to bringing a family closer to Christ. I shared the different points found in The Family: A Proclamation to the World.
Be Well.

*****

 I was holding a mirror above my bed.
The decision was made to put the mirror there.
I bounced off the bed.
The bed broke.
My Dad is fixing our bed.

 This is part of the broken bed.

 
 Aaron is taking a picture of himself.
He's the lone man with his birthday in another month.

 Lemon Pie - The candle got blown out multiple times.


 Chucho is wearing the remains of the dinosaur pinata.

 Aaron and Chucho - Denver Temple

 Chucho didn't want to nap with all the action at the house.
By the time he got on the plane, he was exhausted.

 Valentine's Manner Supper - Salad Course

  Valentine's Manner Supper - Cordon Blue, Broccoli, Mixed Veggies, and Fruit

Valentine's Manner Supper - Vanilla Cake Ice Cream Roll
(Chocolate Ice Cream, Caramel, and Almonds)

Cracked Wheat from the Pressure Cooker
It just looked pretty.
John is a new monkey.
He's been restuffed, holes repaired, and VERY LOVED.

The treat was hot for Harry Potter reading.

No comments: