Sunday, April 3, 2011

27 March 2011

L4: I spent Saturday morning with the Eleven Year Old Scouts. We played games, did some cooking and had a good time at a local park. On Saturday afternoon my Brother-in-law, Scott, called to tell me that there was a beater car for sale in Tucson. Scott has been looking for a commute car for me for some time. We bought a 1992 Geo Prizm (essentially a Toyota Corolla.) It is a beater. It should get me to and from work for at least a year. It is not unlike the pickup truck that we had in Pennsylvania. We still miss Chuck the Truck. Perhaps Underfoot or Hurricane will find a suitable name for the not so new white car.

Mama: I made 14 dozen banana muffins today. Underfoot and Hurricane helped. On Saturday I ran a Baskets site and went to a baptism. After buying the car, we went to a place in town called Trail Dust Town. It is a touristy place. We watched a Cowboy stunt show. (Hurricane did not like the loud gun shots, but Underfoot LOVED it!) We rode on a choo choo train. We had supper. It was a late night. L4 feels a lot of relief because now there are two semi reliable vehicles instead of just one. Hopefully we’ll always have at least two fully functional vehicles.

Underfoot: I made banana muffins with my Mom. I smashed the bananas to mush. I even got to use the  electric beaters. I went to swimming lessons. I did not cry this year at all. I like to swim

Hurricane: I like chocolate. Yum! I like to play with our marble game. I like to wake up early and wake up  Mom and Dad. I usually yell at them and ask them to “Come on.” I cried at my swimming lessons all week. I  do remember how to swim. I still don’t like to float. I would rather kick than float. I have become more  bossy. Very bossy. It is usually accompanied by a yell. I LOVE to look for the eggs (eggies) from our  chickens. I especially like to crack them. I have learned that I can’t crack the eggs on the carpet. I have  eczema all over my body. It sometimes itches. Mama and Daddy wonder if it has developed recently because of the chlorine from the swimming lessons.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Fun exciting week! Glad you found another car and that it will last as you hope! I love how the boys get to put there info in.