Sunday, March 20, 2011

A Glimpse

L4: We worked our guts on Saturday. I went to the LDS dry cannery, processed 40 pounds of chicken that  we got through Zaycon Foods, cleaned the shed out, and finished the evening at a Moon party. The moon  was the closest to the earth that it has ever been recorded. On Friday, Mama and I went on a fancy date curtesy of Raytheon from last December’s holiday party. We went to a highclass fancy restaurant. We  probably won’t eat out like that again any time soon because it was a very expensive place. Thanks  Raytheon! After eating, we retired our Spain-acquired wallets and bought new ones. The old ones were worn  out. They were handmade from a Spanish leather worker. We acquired them when we visited in 2007. On Wednesday I attended Boy Scouts and we talked about the requirements for Tenderfoot, 1st class, and  2nd class Scout. Mama made green pancakes for breakfast on St. Patrick’s day.

Mama: We went on several adventures this week. I like the go very much. Especially when we can go with  good people. We went to Phoenix Zoo, the swimming pool, and Bountiful Baskets while L4 was at the  cannery. The boys loved all three. Underfoot continues to talk about the zoo and the animals we saw. The zoo  Currently has a a koala exhibit. We learned that koalas sleep for at least 18-20 hours a day and eat the other 4 hours. We got to see sleeping koalas. I’m not sure if I was disappointed or not. Underfoot didn’t “see” the koalas and wondered why we were going into such a hot tent. He did like the elephants, monkeys, and the farm animals. Those animals are the ones that have been talked about the most. Also we got a reminder of the heat that is to come. When we left the zoo, the temperature was around 95 degrees. That is just a warm up. No pun intended.

We start swimming lessons tomorrow, and Underfoot is scared to go to swimming lessons. We got invited to go swimming. The water was cool but both boys got in and played to their hearts content. It makes going  tomorrow easier.

Underfoot and I were having a conversation. I told him that I was happy he was growing up in some ways and sad he was growing up in some ways. He looked at me and said, “Mama, I know. But  when I am 5, I will go to high school.” I don’t know that I am ready for kindergarten let alone high school.

Hurricane is also growing and improves on his diction every day. He continually increases his vocabulary and  will repeat words from the scriptures we read as a family. I changed his clothes out to the next bigger size. I  wonder at times if I will pull those clothes out again. I hope so. It is always a sad day for me to have boys  grow up. I know that it is the nature of children but I like the stage they are in now. I have found myself saying a lot lately, “Hurricane you drive me crazy.” He is curious about everything. L4 will show him how something works, and he will do it over and over and over again.

The shed looks marvelous.

Underfoot was playing with the toy chest this week by picking it up and dropping it. He dropped it on his  foot. He tried to walk over to me in his tears and collapsed. I was concerned he broke his foot. The foot  turned purple and was scraped up with blood. We iced it, and he sat on the couch for a while. He then decided he was better and went out to play.

Underfoot: This week I did church. I saw an elephant that was big, another that was small. I went swimming  with Thomas and Abigail. Abigail grabbed Hurricane when he fell in the hot pool. We had to come home  because I was disobedient and got in the hot pool when mama said no. Emma came with us at home. I saw  Dr. Baye and she gave me a book about cars and my favorite guys- Mater, Sally, Sheriff, and all the other guys.

Hurricane: Um. Um I played with choo choos. I like marbles. I like mangos. Choo Choos. Yup. Choo Choos. CHOO CHOOS.

No comments: