Monday, March 14, 2011

Name Calling

Underfoot Says: I played on my birthday and popped balloons and opened presents. I got cowboy boots. They went really well with my guns. Grandma Locey sent me a towel. Hurricane & Jilli sent me a Cars play mat. I got a helmet, a breast plate, and a shield. I call it my armor of God. I went one day to Joy School because I have a cough and am sick.

Dad Says: I’m tired. I’ll sleep when I’m dead.

Mama Says: Hurricane has learned how to say Underfoot’ name this week. I was very excited when he first said it. It now is a continual Underfoot, Underfoot, Underfoot, Underfoot. He is very concerned for his brother and wanting to find him at all times. That is except when his Daddy walks into the room and then there is no one else. He is talking more and more. He will sometimes use sign language and sometime his voice.  When he is really tired, he just screeches like a vulture with big tears down his face. He will not talk except for a spoonful of frosting.

Underfoot taught our family home evening lesson on Monday. He taught about the plan of salvation with nifty  cut-outs that his awesome Mom found on-line. We colored it. He passed out each part and ask us to tell what that part was about. He did a great job!

We cleaned up our backyard on Saturday. It is amazing what a day in the backyard will do. We cleaned up the extension cords, heating lights, extra lumber, and some weeds. There will always be weeds. One day we will sterilize the ground and put down fake grass and have only a few weeds. Here is to saving more money and hoping for it one day. L4 and Underfoot built a rock and dirt sifter. I took care of our grapes and trellised trees. I also nominated myself to clean out the chicken coop. They have a cleaner and more secure home after doing a few repairs.

On Tuesday evening I helped with the annual celebration the Relief Society. We had a get-to-know-you game inspired by Anita Younker. It was adapted but the idea is to give an unknown fact about yourself that is positive and let people guess who it is. I was the MC and didn’t put anything in our fish bowl about myself. I also blew up 72 balloons by myself with a compressor. The compressor was a suggested buy by my Dad on New Year’s day. It has proved invaluable! Thanks Dad!

1 comment:

Casey said...

Sounds like another great week with lots of excitement.