Sunday, April 10, 2011

Campout and Sewing

The week for each of us...

L4 On Friday I had the day off. I spent the morning working on Fred (the Geo). I changed the front brake rotors and pads. It stops much better now! In the afternoon I took the boys on the annual Fathers and Sons camp out. We pitched a tent. We went on a little hike. It was fun to be together. We slept in sleeping bags. (Hurricane and Underfoot did, at least- I woke up every time the wind blew.) In the morning we had breakfast and came home.

I saw the whole arch of a rainbow this weekend for the first time. It was double rainbow. It was beautiful.

Today during Church I really enjoyed the discussion about fasting and self discipline. There are few examples in the public of people who exercise self discipline. It is certainly one area where we can all improve.
 
Mama On Friday night Mama enjoyed a few hours of complete silence (while the boys were camping.) She celebrated by sewing herself a dress. She spoke today in church about patience. She did a really good job  and looked great in her new red dress. Mama has changed quite a bit in the nearly three years that we’ve been in Arizona. It is hard to believe that we are nearing the point where we’ve been in Arizona longer than we were in Pennsylvania.

Mama is able to connect with other adult women through blogging. It is something that she really enjoys doing. Her capacity to communicate with written words has greatly improved in the six years that we’ve been  married. When we first started writing our weekly email, she did not like my suggestions and corrections. The process of writing has helped both of us to get better.

Underfoot I went camping with Daddy and Hurricane but not Mama. It was a boy camp not a girl camp, so all the boys came. All the boys stood around and played outside. We were setting our tent up. People were  playing with their motorcycles. We went home and we cleaned up from the camping. Then we went to see the Mesa Temple. We played with a puzzle of the United States of America while Mama was in the Temple.  That’s all. Underfoot says, “I am funny about a lot of stuff. Like all of my cars, everything. I laugh about my toys. I like to play with Hurricane. I like to do stuff with D (neighbor.) I like to play with D. I like to go to his house.” I was sick this week too. I’m better now.

Hurricane Hurricane has developed strong command of the word STOP. He repeats it often when he doesn’t like something or does not want to be disciplined. Hurricane has a very large smile. He also has a very strong will. Underfoot says, “Hurricaney is funny about the cars that have the faces and not the eyes.”

No comments: