Sunday, May 30, 2010

Deals


We celebrated K2’s first birthday. K2 was born 4 years after Mama and I met, which is also the day that Mama’s cousin Benjamin passed away. Mama misses her cousin. K2 enjoyed birthday cupcakes with friends at swimming lessons that Mama decorated like baseballs. K2 loves balls. Underfoot lobbied for Bob the Tomato cupcakes, but K2’s favorite toys are balls.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend! This time of the year is special for Mama and I because we celebrate the weekend we met and got engaged and the birth of our second child. It is also a time to remember those who died serving our country.

We have enjoyed the weekend by going to Mesa on Friday night to visit the temple. Some friends were kind enough to watch Underfoot and K2. We had planned to come home immediately after the temple, but instead we stayed the night. Saturday morning we stopped at a yard sale and were able to pick up a plastic slide and 2 big wheel motorcycles (they have 3 wheels and make lots of motorcycle noises) all for 20 bucks! What a deal. Underfoot loves his new toys. K2’s a little
small for them, but not for long.

We spent Saturday cleaning house. It seems like we are always so close to having
everything clean, but we’re never quite done.

This morning Underfoot and I harvested 6 blackberries. I set the bowl down in the kitchen so I could get the camera and take a picture of them. I came back in to the kitchen to find the bowl empty and Underfoot’ mouth stuffed with berries. I guess he likes them as much as I do. He was kind enough to share two of them with K2, who did a good job staining his white onesie. I tried to get the stain out. Mama let me know that it was virtually impossible to get out... Oh, well.

Underfoot says: I found my John (a little man figuring that he likes a lot.) I went to swimming lessons and got my picture and I got food. D. (a neighbor friend) came to our house. I want to go to D.’s house again.

Mama really likes the new car. She has already put 3k miles on it. She even changed the oil this week with the help of a friend. What a woman. She has been toying with the idea of starting a preschool in our home for several years. She even went so far as to find out what type of insurance coverage we’d need to get. She decided this week that rather than host the preschool in our home, it would make more sense to have it be a rotating co-op between friends where each mother takes the children twice a week. That way no one person has to shoulder the entire responsibility. It is called the Joy School method.

No comments: