Sunday, November 1, 2009

Cold like 50s


This week has been unusually cold. We had highs in the 50s and lows in the 30s. (I know, in the rest of the world this is normal, but here it was soo cold. . . ) We compensated for the cold by putting Christmas tree lights on our trees and the banana plant. On Monday I started exercising in the mornings outside on the new patio. It is neat to be outside when the world changes from night to day.

Here’s the rest of the week by day:

M: For supper Mama made Spring Rolls. This was a major deal because I really liked them. I’m not a huge fan of Chinese food, but Mama is helping me to broaden my palate. We made homemade chocolate ice cream with the ice cream maker that my mother-in-law got me for my birthday. It was delicious!

T: K2 had a well baby visit. He weighs 14 pounds, 12 ounces and is 26.5 inches long. He is healthy and happy.

W: Underfoot made pumpkin crafts at school and learned about how a pumpkin starts out as a seed, turns into a plant, and eventually becomes a pumpkin.

Th: Mama and Underfoot had a pumpkin carving party with friends. Underfoot made a Larry the Cucumber (from Veggie Tales) pumpkin. I had an HOA budget meeting after work.

F: I had an eye doctor appointment in the morning. The doctor said that everything looks healthy. He also gave me a prescription so I can get a new pair of glasses (Underfoot has given them lots of ‘Love’.) We then went up to Mesa to attend the Temple. Later that night we had a Church Halloween party. It was a busy day!

S: In the morning we did Bountiful Baskets. I spent some time fixing flat tires on several bikes. We went trick or treating. Underfoot loved getting ‘canny’ at each house.

In all, we’ve had a great week. We are excited for the upcoming Pie Party, which will be held on November 21st from 5:30 to 8 p.m. All are welcome. Have a great week.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you guys for a fabulous Ward Party. I know that you did a lot of work behind the scenes. I loved watching L4 walking around in his costume. He is such a CUTE Little guy. Thanks for sharing him with us. PS. I am so looking forward to the PIE Party. Call me, I want to learn to make yummy pies!

Hilary said...

Mmm, homemade ice cream is the best! I love your halloween costumes. Unfortunately we didn't make it to the ward party as planned, but I've heard it was fun. And I'm really looking forward to the pie party!

Kris said...

Seriously, do you guys ever take a break? I'm exhausted just reading about your week, especially Friday! I wish a nap or two for you this week!