Monday, October 26, 2009

Every Penny

The race track is worth every penny!! We have watched multiple children run in circles around the track for hours. Lucas loves to take his “vehicle fleet” around the track each day. (He has been given a car, a fire engine, two tricycles, and a peddle go-cart by wonderful friends. His parents don’t get him stuff like that. He is very spoiled.) We have started to dream about how to complete the backyard. The patio is wonderful too. We have eaten supper there multiple nights and have a parking lot for the “fleet.”

I brought home with me 2 bushels of apples and 20 pounds of grapes from my Parents’ house in Idaho. On Monday we bottled it all into juice. The total for a day’s work was 13.5 quarts apple juice and 5 quarts grape juice. My parents call it liquid gold. We opened a bottle of apple juice tonight. It was delicious!

There was a plant sale at the University of Arizona extension office this weekend. Lance went to get us more blackberry bushes. We were told the wrong time so when Lance arrived the blackberries were sold out. But Lance got to speak with a lady who taught him about pruning grapes, building a grape arbor, and gave him some cuttings of blackberries for free! We hope the blackberry will take root.

Lucas has resumed school. He also learned how to ride on a skateboard on his belly. He was very successful with no crashes the first time. The second time he crashed into a razor-type cactus. He will be more cautious of the plants next time. Kirk is cooing like crazy. Kirk especially likes to be outside and is happiest outside in his swing. He laughs with his brother all the time. He smiles more at Lucas than his parents.

One major accomplishment for me this week was the completion 26 of 40 credit hours for my counseling license. I need to have the other 14 credits done by my birthday next February.

1 comment:

Kris said...

My kids LOVED their time at the Speedway. They talked about it for days. Now they expect me to install a speedway at my house, but I told them we'll just come visit you for racetrack time. I'm bummed we can't come on Thursday- have fun without us!