Monday, September 7, 2009

Late by a week and a day

This spans two weeks.

Last week:
Mama and the boys went swimming at a local pool. At first Underfoot wasn’t sure about swimming and by the end was jumping from the edge into the water. K2 cried in the cold water. The pool is not heated.

Last Saturday I worked on fixing the Honda. I was able to get the exhaust leak in the Honda fixed for a mere 15 dollars. I spent some time with the air conditioning too. It works better, but it does not work all the time. The Honda needs some more TLC. The Scout always needs TLC.

Last Sunday winds came through our neighborhood and took down a neighbor’s tree. Our shade system of PVC pipes and cloth took a beating and were broken by the winds.

This week:
Yesterday, Mama, Underfoot, and I worked outside pulling weeds and picking up rocks. K2 took a nap in his swing. We made some progress on the weeds in our back yard. There seems to always be more weeds than time to pick them. In preparation for fall planting, we pulled out a bunch of our plants and worked the soil. We discovered lots of nasty grubs in one of our garden boxes and will need to investigate in the other boxes. Some of the grubs are the size of a silver
dollar!

Underfoot has a new game. I blow up a balloon, but I don’t tie it. I then give the balloon to Underfoot. He lets go of the balloon; it flies all over the room, and he laughs hysterically. He retrieves the balloon, and we repeat the process.

K2 is sleeping well through the night. He likes to eat about every two hours during the day. He is drooling a lot. I believe he is getting a tooth. Mama is not convinced.

Mama started a home pre-school program with Underfoots this week. Each month Mama gets a box of materials that have complete lessons for pre-school aged children. She spends about an hour each day teaching Underfoot. The time will increase as she gets more prepared and knows what she is doing.

Mama and our boys are walking every morning with a neighbor that walks her children to school. This is helpful to me because my hope is to have a fixed schedule. We get up and get going. It’s been nice.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

That preschool program sounds really neat. What is it called? I missed that windstorm because we were out of town, but now I know how all that debris ended up in my yard! It seems like one good monsoon rain is enough for thousands of weeds to emerge. We came home from vacation to a jungle of weeds ourself, and one so big it filled our entire trash can.