Sunday, February 24, 2019

Week 8: Battle of the Books Wins and Post Op Recovery

On Sunday, the men went to church, and I stayed home. I couldn't sit upright let alone sit through the whole meeting. I even took a nap. Shaulan came from Arizona on Sunday night to help us for the week. Shaulan is my roommate from college. Her husband and in-laws made this possible for us to have her come for the week. We are all grateful.

After going over the week's schedule, the men and Shaulan were on their way for a productive week. With no school on Monday Underfoot went to a movie birthday party. Since it was the Lego Movie 2, Hurricane REALLY wanted to see it as well. Shaulan took Hurricane to the same movie at the same time that Underfoot went. Afterward they got burgers. Sweetheart got Underfoot to his cello lesson that evening.

Sweetheart is making a lot of sacrifices to make my healing go as well as possible. Some of my restrictions currently are I can lift no more than 5 pounds. That excludes a gallon of milk. Until I go to my 2 week post appointment, I am not allowed to drive, cook, or clean. I am to walk around the block each day and not do stairs very much. Some of the restrictions will continue after the 2 week post op like no lifting more than 5 pounds until 8 weeks post op. Sweetheart is doing more than he normally does. He's a hero.

The week before Hurricane's good behavior ticket was picked to get a dress down day. Since last Friday was no school, he got to dress down on Tuesday. This is two times in the last 3 weeks that he's won that lottery. He has figured out a system that works for him. He saves his tickets until he has more than 10 than he puts them in for the drawing. The quantity helps gets his number picked.

Battle of the Books teams both won. The library changed their system this year for how to move forward to elimination battles. Instead of accumulated points, it is number of battles won. Hurricane's team had two wins and two losses. Underfoot's team had all wins and will move onto the elimination rounds. Hurricane is concerned now with when they will have a celebration. Since I'm the coach, I'm not sure when I will do it.

After a lot of help Shaulan, she left early Friday morning because of the weather on the East coast was cancelling flights. We are grateful she can to help.

Sweetheart had a hard week at work. That doesn't happen very often. By Friday, he had found a lot of resolution, but he was trying to balance the stress from work and home.

Be Well.

 *****
What Happens with Bed Rest







No comments: