Sunday, February 11, 2018

Week 6 - Broken Arm, Snow, and Birthday

Sweetheart is continuing his journey in learning how to swim. He has done better each time he has had a lesson. He even said this week that he is enjoying swimming. It brought such joy to my heart since the other three of us love to swim.
I went to get a new retainer since my retainer got stepped on. My teeth had began to move, and the orthodontist said he could fix the teeth with a retainer and not putting braces back. I was very relieved about that.

We learned in January that the boys are three of them have allergies. We also learned that our insurance will support allergy shots. This week we began allergy shots on a weekly basis. Hurricane isn't quite sure that it was a good idea yet. Underfoot face it more flat footed and believes that he will get better.

I finished my continuing education credits to maintain my counseling license. I learned about infertility and how it is seen culturally around the world. The other course I took discussed addiction and how it changes the brain chemistry. I always tend to finish my CEUs the week of my birthday. I'm grateful that my live credits and ethics credits were done.

The boys participated in their second Battle of the Books Battle. They were nervous and did very well for the short period that they had to prepare. Most of the teams had begun their process in September. Our teams weekend in December. Unfortunately both teams lost.

Book Club was held at our house, and we discussed The Book of Forgiving by Desmond Tutu. The book is repetitive in nature and explains the process of how to forgive. Tutu discusses the emotional, physical, and decision making process behind forgiveness. The book club usually last till 9:00 pm. The women didn't leave until 10:15.

From my Self Reliance class, we were given the Paper Clip Challenge. The challenge is to exchange something of lesser value for something of work at value. I explained how to do it on a social media platform. I ended up making six trades. I was grateful for the women who chose to support me in this process.

Sweetheart attended the Klonderie with our Boy Scout troop. The weekend was bitter cold. We got snow which is the greatest birthday present for me.
He shared that it was so cold in the morning that the wood wouldn't light on fire. They even put lighter fluid on the wood to help, and it wouldn't light. He returned home positive and happy.

I took the boys to their basketball game on Saturday. It had been snowing and was very slick. As I turned the corner to go to the basketball game, the Prius slid into a corner and jarred all of us. After we got the car home, I learned that the impact damaged the A-arm on the steering. I felt so horrible about it. Sweetheart evaluated the problem and said he could fix it. It was quite the birthday surprise for me.

For my birthday, the boys made me breakfast and built me a zoo. I loved their thoughtfulness.

 Sunset at the End of the Day

 Zoo - Monkey House

  Zoo -Bear House

  Zoo -Baby House

  Zoo -Exotic Creatures

No comments: