Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Super Moon - 2018 - Week 5

At church they are offering classes to help people with self reliance. Four courses are being taught - Starting and Growing My Business, Personal Finances, My Job Search/Find a Better Job, and Education for Better Work. I decided that I was interested in Starting and My Business. There was an orientation meeting with all the groups. Hurricane wanted to attend the class with me because he has ideas for businesses and wants me to do the work. The meetings was 2 hours. He lasted for 1 hour and asked for his Dad to come pick him up. The course runs for 12 weeks.

Sweetheart didn't learn to swim well when he was a child. This week he started taking swim lessons before work in the morning. During the week, he practiced the skills he learned. He has made comments that he thinks he might like swimming. The 3 of us who do like to swim are excited that he will learn to swim.

We pulled out the telescope to look at the Super Blue Blood Moon. We woke up the boys early and to look. Hurricane wanted to look until it was time to go to school.
We have a lot to learn about how to be better astronomers. Any suggestions would be helpful. We need to learn the constellations better.

The first battle happened for Battle of the Books Battle for each team. Both teams did great! Hurricane's team  won their battle.
Underfoot's team lost by one question. They will compete again the next 3 weeks.

I am no longer the Assistant Cub Master. I have been being 2 deep leader in the Bear den for the last 4 months. I am now in the Bear Den. It's great!

After the last blood draw, one more blood test was needed. The test is called AHM - Anti-Müllerian hormone. This hormone helps with conception and pregnancy. If the number is low, conception is very low or not possible.

For the past few months, I've been working on an application for the Daughters of the American Revolution. I went to the Family History Library to get a marriage certificate for my great-Grandparents. The Family History Library has documents that can be accessed only there. I have one more document and have the application complete. My Mom has expressed interest in being a member of DAR. My Grandpa Glen was a member of Son of the American Revolution. By doing this work, my Aunties and cousins will have an easier path if they would like to have members.

Underfoot had an eye appointment. He has as near perfect eyes as possible.

We've been reading a book called The Joy of Less by Francine Jay. Sweetheart loves the concept. I'm more hesitant. The concept is to be more tidy and less cluttered. The boys cleaned out some of their stuffed animals one night after Sweetheart read the book to them.
They made a belt with some of their animals. On Saturday we cleaned out our main floor closet. We donated 8 coats, table clothes, other odds and ends, and returned some of our nephew's things we've had in our closet.

We were invited for fresh tamales because Carmen got the baby in the Rosca de Reyes bread.
The tradition is whoever gets the baby hosts a party with fresh tamales. The evening was spent in Spanish. The boys got to watch television.
Carmen made fresh flan too.

Be Well!

*****
Daily Photo - Missionary Quilt

 Daily Photo - Fort Collins Temple

 Fort Collins Temple

 Waiting for the Verdict

 Sinking in that they won.

 Regaining composure.

 Daily Photo - Gamma Rae's Quilt

 Daily Photo - Geese in the Field by our House

Daily Photo - Sunset

No comments: