Monday, May 12, 2014

Bump in the Night

Mama hasn't been feeling well today, so I will endeavor to write a few words.

This week has been busy with trying to get healthy, trying to keep ahead of household chores, and trying to get ready for summer. We've struggled for a long time (a whole month) being sick but had a break this week and were healthy. Hurricane started swim team with Underfoot. Underfoot has been a very good listener and is very obedient. He is a happy boy.

Hurricane finished his music class. He had a lot of fun at the celebration.

Hurricane and Mama hosted Joy School for 3 days this week. Also Mama finished the quilt for Underfoot's teacher to give to her on Friday for teacher appreciation week.
Underfoot promised it to the teacher on Friday.

The quilt was given to the teacher, but then returned home for the binding completion.
 Friday evening we attended the school community fair.

Sometime after midnight on Saturday morning, Hurricane came into our room, complaining about something. He came to my side of the bed. I could immediately smell that something was horribly wrong. When I got to my senses, I could see that he was covered, from head to toe, in vomit. I immediately got out of bed to investigate. I asked him if he had vomited. He said no. I couldn't believe it. I stumbled into his room, flicked on the light, and saw Underfoot, in a nasty puddle of vomit. The smell was incredibly powerful. In a dazed stupor, I got both boys into the shower. Whey they cleaned up, I got the bedding into the washing machine and went to work on the floor. Somehow Underfoot had vomited on Hurricane, and Hurricane had rolled around in it until he finally woke up. By some miracle he didn't join in the fun.

I had a really hard time going back to bed. Sometime around 4 I finally fell asleep. My Saturday morning chores were especially difficult. I got through most of them and took a nap. I convinced Underfoot to lie down next to me, but Hurricane had too much energy. Instead of falling asleep too, Hurricane decided to build a mountain of his stuffed animals by my head. He then got a blanket and covered Underfoot and me up. Lastly, he began 'reading' the story of the monkeys jumping on the bed. I drifted off to sleep thinking how kind my 4 year old was, to take care of me. It was a sweet experience.

The boys created a zoo for Mama on Mother's Day. The evening before we went on a date and the babysitter started making them animals. They decided to make a whole town. They continue to make animals and would like to turn the whole house into a zoo.
 

In other news, my aquaponics system has finally started growing things. Well, the plants are growing. I don't have any fruit yet. The water temperature is up to a steady 70 degrees. The fish are eating a lot more than earlier in the year, and I was able to get rid of a bunch of algae that was clogging up the system. I am grateful that Mama has been tolerant of my 'experiment'. I enjoy seeing the fish race to the food when I feed them in the morning and in the evening.

We have lots of fruit on our trees... pomegranates,  lemons, oranges, tangerines, apples. I haven't seen any cherries yet, but the trees are still young. Hopefully next year we'll see some buds.
Be well.

No comments: