Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 16

Hurricane:
Hurricane has taken to using the word 'poopy' in every phrase that comes out of his mouth. At first it was funny. Then it became annoying. Finally, he got to enjoy a little soap. He has agreed not to say 'poopy' any more.

Underfoot:
Underfoot loves to write. He practices whenever he can.  Mama got a bunch of little note books, and Underfoot writes in his 'book' nearly every day. Today in Church was the annual children's presentation. Underfoot recited a poem that was dear to his Great Grandpa K called "A Bag of Tools". Underfoot loves to go to school.

Mama:
This week  Mama got in a fight with her mountain bike over a flat tire. After an hour of great struggle, the mountain bike lost. It was replaced by a new bike. (The old bike will be listed on Craig's list in the very near future... anyone want a bike?)  Mama is not accustomed to getting new toys very often. The new bike is light enough that Mama can pick it up and lift it up over her head.

Sweetheart:
I like being able to open the windows at night again. The daytime highs right now are in the low 90's, but it is getting down to about 65 degrees at night, which is plenty cool enough to cool down the house. Tonight we enjoyed supper outside on our patio for the first time in months. It is really nice to eat outside. The grass is not quite ready to be walked on, but it is getting close. The lawn mower arrived this week. I haven't put it together yet, but will sometime in the next couple days. It is an old school reel type mower. I hope it is the only lawn mower I ever have to buy (at least as long as we live in the Southwest!)

I've been assigned a new task at work which is extremely challenging. It is the task that no one on the team wants to do. Wendy can tell when I'm stressed out at work by my inability to compartmentalize when I get home. I hope to be better about leaving work at work. (I'm not very good at it yet... )

Family:
On Saturday night we headed north to attend Sweetheart's nephew's baptism. It was a quick trip but we are glad that we went. Earlier in the day we took down the rickety old swing set in preparation for the new arrival. This afternoon I took some time to review the 70 page instruction manual. Hurricane was sitting next to me, looking at the computer monitor, and casually instructed me to buy the swing set. He was convinced that it was a good choice.

Be Well.

No comments: