Sunday, February 26, 2012

February 26

We left Idaho last Sunday.

Returned to Tucson Monday. Cleaned up Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.... Friday night we took off for Phoenix. Spent Saturday in Phoenix returning home to go again today.

Sweetheart

  • We drove into Tucson mid-Monday afternoon and dropped Sweetheart off at work. He worked for about 4 hours and then came home. We fetched him and grocery shopped returning home for a late supper and bed.
  • Tuesday night he attended a court honor for his 11 year-old boys with the other scouts.
  • He worked really hard this week and got most of his hours in at work.
  • Sweetheart got to play RockBand for the first time. He liked it a lot! He's quite the singer.
Mama
  • I did laundry, cleaned up house, and played with boys.
  • I enjoyed talking with Sweetheart's Dad learning about him, his parents, and his grandparents. It was wonderful to learn the family history of his boys.
  • I played RockBand for the first time. It was a lot more fun than I thought it would be.
Underfoot
  • Underfoot went to Joy School one day, but the teacher's son got sick. He was happy to go because his Dad took him. He came in to me before he left and said to Hurricane, "Daddy and I are going to work now. You take care of Mommy. Don't cry too much."
  • Underfoot got to play with his Princess Chloe. They made a movie of Romeo and Juliet cowboy style with the help of Chloe's older sister. We still haven't seen the end version, but I don't think either one of them dies.
Hurricane
  • Hurricane tried to die on us this week. The boys were playing, and Underfoot hit Hurricane with a light saber. Hurricane got a vitamin lodged in the back of his throat. I walked in the room to see Hurricane's lips turn purple/bluish. I hit him on the back and made a sweeping motion at the back of his mouth. He gasped for air. Hurricane knows he can't play with food in his mouth, and Underfoot is learning to not hit as he is growing up. I learned I need to stay closer to my boys. It scared me. A Lot.
  • Hurricane loves his Dad and stays close to him when Sweetheart is home. He will come to me if hurt but Dad is his number one man!
We have learned lately that God gives us what we can do. Sweetheart's Auntie said it best, "You don't have to like it, you just need to go through it."


Pictures

Be well!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Choking scares are VERY scary! I think you know about Aliya's near death choking experience. I'm rather paranoid about leaving them alone now. It happens so quickly. I'm glad you were able to get it out of him though. You guys have been very busy lately. I hope you have some time to relax and get some sleep soon!