Monday, February 27, 2012

February 12

In my haste to get on the road, I didn't post.

We are writing early this morning before we head out on an adventure. This past week my Grandpa Dale Kirkham passed away rather suddenly. Since Wednesday evening, I've been in a sort of fog to think that he has died and returned to live with God. There have been moments when I have been listening to a WWII memory about the Doolittle raid over Tokyo and thought how fortunate I was to have learned about that event and to talk with him before he passed. We will be going to Idaho and joining my family in celebrating my Grandpa's life.

Hurricane has struggled this week with a rather nasty cough. He has passed his cough to Underfoot who has started to struggle with it. Hopefully we have learned how to cure him better than we did with Hurricane.

My brother and I celebrated our birthday this week. I'm lucky to share a birthday with such a great man. We both share our birthday with our Grandma Kirkham who passed in 2005. I was in awe about how many people remembered and shared my birthday with me. I am also in awe about all the people that have expressed and done so much for us as we have prepared to go North.

Sweetheart has worked and worked so he can go with us. I am married to a wonderful man who supports and loves our family.

We hope you are happy and well in your families.

Be well.

1 comment:

Casey said...

Sorry about your Grandpa hope things went well on your trip! And Happy Belated Birthday, I was not aware!