Monday, October 3, 2011

October 2


This weekend was LDS General Conference. We spent the time together at home listening and learning lessons on how to be better in our testimonies of Jesus Christ. A lot of the talks focused on the family, morals, the scriptures (especially the Book of Mormon), and prayer. We have made goals to improve our relationships in our family and with God.

Kirk: My train goes to on the track. Yeah. President Monson is my favorite guy. He is on the wall. I like the temple. President Monson likes the temple.

Lucas: Dear Aaron, I want you to go on another mission. And be back home again. We are watching General Conference. We get to stay with Mom and Daddy. You should get a sandwich on your birthday. And one more grade after my birthday. That means I’m five. We were on a picnic on a mountain this week. I ate apple. Lucas.

Wendy: We had our traditional Priesthood Potluck on Saturday. We hold it so men can eat before they go to priesthood meeting (where the men ages 12 and up are taught to be better men) and then return for dessert. The women and their children get to see a different set of walls after being at home watching conference for 2 two-hour sessions. Fall break started this past Monday for our Joy School group (and our local school district.) We have 3 weeks off. In preparation for the impending question “Is today Joy School?”, I organized a few outings. One day we went on a picnic to Mount Lemmon and let children run up and down the mountain. Another day we went bowling. I got 3 strikes (1 on my own and the other 2 with the help of the bumpers.) I learned how to make pumpkin rolls. They are one of my favorite treats my Grandma Hoggan would make. I remember eating it with her at least.

Lance: I got sick early in the week. On Tuesday I was too sick to fix Fred. Fortunately, a friend was kind enough to work on Fred while I slept. (I went to bed around 7:30 on Tuesday and Wednesday nights.) Wednesday was the big meeting at work. On Friday the doctor diagnosed bronchitis. Some antibiotics should help me get better.

1 comment:

Casey said...

It was fun to read and catch up with you! I have been busy and not much blogging. I am going to miss having you visit me each month! :)