Sunday, August 7, 2011

August 7

Underfoot: My mom was a little bit mean to my friends because she kicked me out of her bedroom. I have the choice to not let them in. I went to all kinds of places at the Bike Park (a local bike awareness event at the school on Saturday morning). I went on the lines and to the waterfalls. Joy School is great because I learned a song about never hit or kick or push. I drew my friend J.’s face.

Hurricane: I go to lessons (refresher swimming lessons). Hurricane likes chips on his plate. I played trains. I like trains. I played trains. I built the train station. (Do you think he’s a bit obsessive about the trains?)

Mama and I celebrated our wedding anniversary on Saturday. We got a sitter for the boys and went to the temple. After that we went to a fancy steakhouse in town. We had dessert at The Melting Pot. In all we were gone for 10 hours. It was nice to be able to talk about where we are, where we’ve been, and where we’d like to go.

Author Switch: We are trying to to have each person participate in our weekly letter. L4 said his life isn’t as accomplishment-filled since he got a steady job and works Monday through Friday with Saturday chores and Sunday church. I told him he needed to get a hobby. His response is when would I do that? Any suggestions?

While L4 was hard at work, we had swimming lessons, the beginning of Joy School, a music class, and  neighbor children who came for two different days. This was smattered with doctor’s appointments.

Throughout the week, we have received different videos from my parents and youngest brother who are attending the 22nd World Scouting Jamboree in Sweden.

The boys watch the videos over and over again.

By the way, I doing a blog series on pioneers today. I even made the button.

Photobucket

I read a book called The Pioneer Women. The story is a love story but also a journey.  I believe that I am a country girl at heart and living in a HOA with neighbors close on all sides is a little much for me at times. This book brought some interesting conversation for L4 and I about what we'd like for our family's future. Maybe just maybe homesteading one day was part of the discussion.

Underfoot said to me one night before going to bed. “This is NOT a cold wheel, but a HOT wheel. See right here.” He was pointing to the flames on the underside of the car. Something clicked for him. It was darling. Another thing he has started to say is, “My Grandma made that for me when I was a baby. It was delicious.” Usually we are at supper and it the meal we are eating. He then says, “She made it for you too when you were a baby Mama. I was there.” Another chuckle.

We hope this finds you well and happy. Drop us a line to let us know you are alive.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

Happy Anniversary! I tell Greg he needs a hobby too and get the same response. I'll let you know if we figure it out.