Tuesday, June 7, 2011

May 28th

Hurricane
– He turned 2 years old! Yippee yay! Hurricane was born on the anniversary of the day Lance and I met.
– For his birthday, we decided to go camping as a family at Camp Zion on Mount Lemmon. Camp Zion is a camp leased by the LDS church on forest service land. To stay the night, it is $2.50 per person. The price was right, and the boys love the adventure of camping. They had a great time!

– Hurricane loves to swim. He will go back and forth between us as fast as he can get out of the other one’s arms. Unfortunately, he hates to float. SoI think we are going back to swim school.
 
Underfoot – Underfoot finished year one of Joy School. We had a celebration for the fact that the Moms and children triumphed in meeting for Joy School and making it through without much drama. Sickness was there but not drama! It was awesome!


– Lucas and Kirk loved to go and spend a day with my visiting teacher...more about that in a minute.
– Lucas got an invite to a friend’s party that invited the whole family. We went swimming and enjoyed the company of a neighbor.
 Mama – I finished painting the closet we had rearranged. Underfoot and I painted the closest together after Joy School on Tuesday.
– I have been attending physical therapy for about a month to fix a few things. While there, the physical therapist (PT) “adjusted” my coccyx. I didn’t feel a thing until I stood up. Then I felt it. The PT said to not sit on it directly. It hurt to move. I had probably “broken” my coccyx when I was pregnant with Hurricane.
– The day after I taught Joy School. It was an easy last day because I was hurting. It felt like my tail bone had been broken. It hurt to sit, stand, and even to lay down. That night  L4 took matters into his own hands and called my Dad to say I was being stubborn and what did he need to do. My Dad said I would need to humble up and ask for help. So Lance called my visiting teacher (on the sly.)
– On Friday, my boys spent the day with a wonderful visiting teacher who introduced them to the finer things in life like corn dogs. That evening I went up to the campsite and returned home with another family. The Boys spent the night on the mountain. We celebrated Hurricane’s Birthday with blue graduation cupcakes. (Mama was doing her best to manage pain, her own expectations for what a birthday should be, and to get us up on the mountain for some quality family time, golly gosh Dang It!)
L4
– L4 was the real hero by helping me in my stubbornness. As much as I hate to admit that I can’t do something, he stepped in and took charge. He let me rest and  played hard with the boys.
– He drove the Scout to work one day. We figure he should drive it every once and a while to keep it running.
– Six years ago L4 picked me up for our first date. It was good to remember.

No comments: