Sunday, January 23, 2011

January 23

K2 has a new way to want to get attention. He will lift up the back of your shirt, put his mouth on the exposed skins and blow. He gives a zerbert or a raspberry. He then laughs and tries it again. He is very patient in his request for help. He has now taken to doing it on my arm. He laughs each time. Underfoot on the other hand licks. He licks my arm. I don’t mind the playful zerbert, but I’d rather not be left wet.

Joy School this week was canceled because of illness. We baked and cooked up a storm and shared with neighbors. We enjoyed sharing.

We went to a choir practice on Thursday night for a funeral in our ward. K2 announced his displeasure about going to the rehearsal by throwing up on himself on the way home. We cleaned him up and put him to bed. Underfoot slept in our room just in case K2 was contagious. K2 threw up again during the night which prompted a slew of laundry. I thought we were in the all clear when on Friday afternoon after trying to make an exchange plan with another couple for babysitting. K2 woke up from his nap, sat on my lap and vomited down my front. At that point I called L4 at work so that he could cancel our planned co-worker game night (that we had scheduled for Saturday evening.)

Author switch. This is L4.

Mama called me Friday afternoon while I was in the middle of some interesting work. I immediately started  spreading the word that we had a sick child. I was able to tell everyone except Bill. Bill and I share a cube together. Bill left early that day. We didn’t want anyone else to get sick. Another co worker had Bill’s phone 
number at home and offered to send me an email with his number. Instead of sending me the phone number, he just sent an email to Bill. Naturally, the one day the Bill didn’t check his email was Saturday.

Bill, Debbie (his wife), and their daughter arrived Saturday evening at the prescribed hour. I was in the middle of spraying the citrus trees and Mama was washing the floor. We had assumed that Bill got the message. A bit embarrassed, I went out side to welcome Bill and his family. I explained the situation and asked if they wanted to stay, in spite K2’s most recent event. They agreed. We had a wonderful evening. The children played. The adults played a game called Chess 4 which is a 4 player chess game from my sister Laura. It was a lot of fun.

No comments: