Sunday, August 15, 2010

Practicing Medicine

K2 has shown his true strength. Again. This week he decided to stand up and walk. He’s still a bit wobbly, but he is determined. His cast came off two weeks ago. The doctor told Mama not to expect him to walk for two months. Clearly doctors practice medicine.

Underfoot started Joy School this week and loves going. He goes twice a week for 2 1/2 hours. His first day we walked him to the front door. He actually thought the house was across the street and ran across the street to get there before I told him it was a different house. His second day he got unbuckled, kissed me at the car, and ran to the door by himself. He has never looked back.

Saturday was an opening social for Joy School. We went swimming as a family in a community pool. K2 loves to swim. He is a fish. Underfoot tolerates it. He needs time to warm up to the idea and then likes it okay.

We celebrated 5 years of being married this week L4 was given suggestions on where to take me to dinner from a good friend. He didn’t feel very well but was a great sport. He took me to dinner at the Cheesecake Factory. Then we went and shopped for new shoes for him. After that we went for dessert at The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. So if you are looking for a romantic quiet evening together we suggest The Melting Pot. It was a great evening to be together.

The Scout: L4 picked up the repaired transmission and transfer case. He wasn’t feeling very well and has not installed them yet but will when he gets 5 minutes to himself. Once the Scout is put together again....well see how life changes around here.

Author Switch... Underfoot writing now... Mama continues to thrive in her role as the Tucson Area Coordinator for Bountiful Baskets. She was able to help a woman run a site on Saturday morning and solved several problems during the week.

Bountiful Baskets has been good for her because it gives her a chance to interact with adults on a subject that is totally outside of child rearing. It is good for her to get out and do new things. It also has greatly increased the amount of produce that we consume as a family. I’ve been exposed to all sorts of new things. Mango is a new fruit that I’ve tried as a result of the baskets. Underfoot calls it candy. It does taste like candy.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I LOVE Bountiful Baskets! Thank you for making it happen. Mr. Locey, could you please advise my husband to take me on a date. Its been more than 7 months since we've been on a date... my hints seem to be going unnoticed.
And Thank you for all the HOURS you guys are spending on the community. I loved the "weeds have been pulled by caring neighbor signs". I enjoy that I can drive down my road without having to avoid illegally parked cars :)