Sunday, August 1, 2010

K2 has shown his true strength. He is a determined child and has developed the talent to scream when he doesn’t get what he wants and screams especially when his sweet Father is at home because K2 loves his Daddy. (And Daddy loves him.)

He got his cast off on Monday and has a repaired leg. After getting his cast off we ran an errand to get a bulk meat order done. As I was filling out the order, I handed K2 my phone to keep him occupied. He then said, “Uh-oh.” He handed me the screen to my cell phone and then bent down to hand me the other half of the cell phone. He was mad when I put the broken phone in the backpack. We journeyed then to the phone store where the personnel didn’t think it was as funny as I did and insisted that I purchase a new phone right then with a new 2-year phone contract. I left the store and picked up L4 from work. On our way home, I handed K2 the phone. He pushed a few buttons, and it made noise. So we tried it out and called home. The number pad works just fine as a speaker phone. I don’t know if I have missed calls or any phone messages, but it works until we update our cell phone contract in two weeks. Outside of that, K2 has learned to crawl on all the furniture and tables. He is the newest table dancer at our home. He is getting more teeth and is generally a very happy child especially if he is outside.

Underfoot continues to develop in his speech and manners. He is aware of his jobs and does most without complaint. He has been invited to participate in a Dr. Seuss book group with a Dr. Seuss Story and accompanying treat. It was a fun group and we look forward to participating in the group throughout the fall.

L4 had his semi-annual performance work review and is meeting the needs of his company. We are grateful to have employment. We took a family trip and stayed in a hotel on Thursday night. On Friday, we retrieved our stroller that we left in Idaho. My Mom found a sweet lady to bring the stroller south for us. It is good to have it back.

On Saturday we made 7 1/2 quarts tomato guck (tomatoes, pepper, garlic, basil, rosemary, onions, mushrooms, no squash this time) from garden tomatoes. We had 3 buckets worth.

Since the Scout is mentioned weekly, we might give it the status as a family member. An update on the Scout’s illness: The transmission and transfer case were taken to a mechanic to be resealed. L4 spent Saturday afternoon installing new motor mounts.

No comments: