Sunday, April 18, 2010

Busy Bees

On Monday Mama had an MRI. On Friday we learned that she has a benign cyst. She will talk to the doctor in two weeks about treatment options. We got approval this week from our HOA to repaint the front door red and to move the mailbox. Mama repainted the front door on Wednesday and did some touch up on Friday. In addition, Mama primed and painted the chicken coop to match the shed. Mama planted the garden throughout the week. We made some changes to the irrigation system to improve efficiency. Mama did baskets on Saturday morning. She has volunteered to be an area coordinator for Bountiful Baskets.

Underfoot found an action-figure man. His “man” goes everywhere with us. On Wednesday, he named the man J.. J. can go with us on errands unlike his diecast cars. J. is missing in action since last night. We hope he will be recovered soon. Also as Mama and the boys drive to swimming lessons, they listen to songs. The other day Underfoot was singing a lot of the songs word for word BY HIMSELF. Mama was very impressed since the feedback for teaching children isn’t always immediate. One of the songs says “I know that my Savior loves me.” He sang, “I know that my Savior, Mama, Daddy, Baby K2, and President Monson love me.”


Baby K2 can stand on his own but once he realizes that he is standing he sits back down.

I attended a board meeting on Wednesday. On Saturday I got the main posts of the pergola up. I was blessed to receive help from several friends and neighbors throughout the day.

The Civic broke on Friday morning. We are weighing our options because repair costs could approach the value of the vehicle. We have worked our guts out this week.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I LOVE the red door! I came by the house this morning to say hello and immediately noticed the new paint color. (I also peeked in the backyard at the construction, so amazing all that you have done back there.) The chickens are the biggest chickens I've ever seen.

Rachel said...

sorry for the double comments, I didn't think the first one took :)

Rachel said...

Amazing job on the house! Love the red door and construction in the backyard. The chickens are the biggest ones I've ever seen! You guys are amazing!