Sunday, August 9, 2009

Funny Stories

We celebrated our wedding anniversary with neighbors and a chocolate cake with peanut butter icing. The company was wonderful, and the cake was too rich. We are grateful for the choice we made to marry and to be together.

After our anniversary, the boys and I drove with a neighbor to Utah. We started early in the morning. The boys traveled beautifully. We made good time considering we needed to stop and nurse the baby every once in a while. It took us about 16 hours including stops with breakfast, lunch, fuel, and a park visit. There is a great park in the center of Beaver.

On Saturday, L4 replaced the exterior door in the garage. Not the garage door but a normal door. The rain has damaged the old door, and the wood was rotting away. While L4 replaced the door, the boys and I attended Boy Scout breakfast, weeded the flower beds at our wonderful family’s home to catch up with them, and went to the county fair. After the fair, we drove to my parents’ home.

Funny stories of the week:

Underfoot decided to make his own cup of chocolate milk. He got a cup and filled it 3/4 full with Hershey’s chocolate sauce. He then brought the glass into me and asked for me to put in some milk. I returned the chocolate sauce and filled the glass with milk. We’re glad he is a thinker.

L4 woke up one morning and found Underfoot in the kitchen eating ice cream in his pajamas on the floor. He had pulled out the ice cream and was eating it with his fingers. He is pretty funny.

L4 asked me to make him chocolate upside down cake. (His Mom made it for him when he lived at home.) He had a tough day at work so Underfoot helped me make it for him. I forgot to put in enough flour so it turned into hot fudge. I needed to prove I could make it and made it again the next day with the appropriate amount of flour. L4 liked both.

K2 had his 2 month well baby check-up. He got his immunizations and measurements (height 64 cm (97%), weight 12 lbs 3 oz (75%), head circumference 38 cm (15%)). He has a long body and a small head. He might be the tall, skinny one in the family.

3 comments:

Hilary said...

Happy anniversary!

What a funny little fellow you have! He likes his chocolate milk the same way I do. :)

Kris said...

I LOVE that your son loves chocolate almost as much as our family! That chocolate milk sounds like how Andy drinks his!

Rachel said...

Mummm, the chocolate cake sounds delicious. Hope your enjoying the Utah trip. I'm glad the boys were good for you on the road. Coming home is always the hard part for us :)