Sunday, June 28, 2009

On Saturday we decided that we’d had enough of work for a while. To celebrate K2’s one month birthday, we went to downtown to pretend that we were tourists. We went to a free transportation museum. They have a big steam locomotive and their web site indicated that on Saturday mornings they had an up close and personal tour of the locomotive. When we got there we found out that the tour was not available for some reason. We were able to take some pictures and learn about some of the town's history associated with trains and the downtown area.

We had lunch in a famous hotel. It was a creepy place and have decided not to go to the restaurant again. We learned that a famous (I guess not too famous because I can’t remember his name) bank robber was caught there when the hotel caught fire in the 30’s.

Birthday Boy



We’ve seen some interesting behavior from Underfoot this week. As I’ve been spending more time at work, Underfoot’s behavior has changed. I’ve learned that he needs Daddy time. When Underfoot gets attention from Daddy he is pleasant. When he doesn’t, he is grouchy. He has learned how to pedal a tricycle and wears his new Thomas the Train helmet. He also wanted to try on one of K2’s diapers. It fits about as well as a little Speedo. Kind of reminds us of a guy we saw running on the beach in Mexico! (This was from a family vacation.)

Underfoot received a gift from his Uncle AGK - a pair of flaming Converse shoes. Underfoot loves to wear them, along with his cars swim suit and swim shirt.

I went to another doctor this week and found out that I likely don’t have valley fever, just allergies. The irrigation system continues to cause me headaches. I thought it was all working well last Sunday, only to find out on Tuesday that another part had failed. I disassembled and reassembled one component for the fourth time on Friday and it is finally working the way I’d originally hoped it would. With luck, it will work now.

Mama decided that she needed to back off some stress this week. She made 12 loaves of Zucchini bread, 12 loaves of regular bread, plus 2 loaves of stuffed bread and 12 dozen cookies. My coworkers and our neighbors have been very pleased with the results! I think her record is 48 loaves in one weekend during her graduate studies. (I wasn’t around back then. . . .) Underfoot brought me two cookies this afternoon. He’s learned how to open the freezer, open the plastic bag, and retrieve the goodness.
I picked a watermelon and ate it for breakfast the other day.

1 comment:

Live From Mommyville... said...

Hey! I can comment on your blog now! K is growing like crazy. Love seeing the pictures.