Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Happy New Year!

Hello again....

We gave up writing last year. Good things happened last year like:
  • Underfoot stuck to his guns and timeline to complete his Eagle rank.

  • Sweetheart and I went on a weekend together that wasn't for buying a house or surgery for the first time since Underfoot was born.
  • Hurricane earned his Bear, Webelos, and Arrow of Light awards. 

  • Underfoot started cello lessons.
  • Sweetheart and I went on Trek. 

  • I got to see one of my dearest friends each season of the year.
  • Underfoot was cleared from his one year concussion protocol after completing physical therapy.
  • Sweetheart remade the deck, and we had a beautiful garden. If you can, check out golden raspberries. Totally worth it.
  • The 15th Annual Pie Party happened.
Our lives continue with work, scouting, church youth activities, volunteer service at church and school, and making our yard beautiful.

We have some goals for this year.
  • Sweetheart is in the process of building a Belgium fence with cherry and stone fruit trees. The trees should be ready by March.
  • Hurricane joined a Scout troop. He wants to earn the Eagle rank as well. He said since his Dad and brother are he wants to be one as well. If you are a merit badge counselor, he is looking for you.
  • Underfoot wants to learn balance or better said I want him to learn balance. He broke his arm riding on a hover board. He has been charged with planning our family's backpacking trip this coming summer. We are thinking about the Sierras.
  • I am working on being vulnerable. I took some baby steps last year. A friend sent me this post with this saying: "My toxic trait? I face everything on my own and don't admit I need help because I'd rather struggle than burden other people with my problems." I started thinking about what it said. I am closed off and hard to get to know. So my goal is to be more open.
Be Well,

Wendy, Sweetheart, Underfoot, and Hurricane


No comments: