Friday, July 7, 2017

Las Vegas, Lake Havasu, and Long time Friendships - Week 42

On Sunday morning, we attended the Idaho Falls Temple Rededication. Hurricane thought that we were going to the temple with President Eyring.
When he learned that we would attend at a chapel, he was a little disappointed. They both were very tired from going and playing with cousins. Underfoot and Hurricane both were happy to attend.

We returned to Kirky and Jilli's house and spent time with Uncle Aaron, Aunt Rachel, and Chucho. Chucho would sit next to Underfoot.
Chucho had fallen and bonked his head, and his head that was really tender.
Uncle Scott and Aunt Jill came that evening because we were leaving early on Monday morning. I'm really thankful for the support, love, and efforts by family to spend time with us.

We got up early on Monday morning and said our goodbyes to Kirky and Jilli.
Our destination was Las Vegas. We first headed to the new Family History Center in Salt Lake City. Auntie Yvette met us there with her children. The boys used their FamilySearch accounts to learn about who they were related to (Founding Fathers, cast members of Studio C, other well known people), where they came from, and telling their own histories. When I came in, a sister missionary approached me to ask if I had any questions. We started to talk about where she and I were from. We found that she knew my Grandma Kirkham and that she remembered her. I knew her her brother and his wife and her nephews. It was a fun connection.

We left and went to see my cousin, Kylie, in beauty school.
She cut my hair and tinted my eyebrows. Two of her colleagues cut the boys' hair. I had wonderful time catching up. I hadn't seen her for 5 years.

We got on the road and went to Cove Fort.
We were taken on a tour by a sister missionary named Sister Moss. She gave the boys a chance to answer questions, and they learned from her as well.
At the end of the tour, she gave them a round-about and a sweet lesson to go along with it. As we walked back to the car, she mentioned that her brother served a mission in Pocatello and that she knew one family there. She named Dale and Bodell Kirkham. For the second time that day, another person knew my Grandparents. I had met her brother and knew him as well. My Grandma Kirkham was remembered well.

We made it to Las Vegas late that night. The boys were so excited to see their friends.
They held a mini birthday party for Kirk. We slept until late the next day.

We spent the next 3 days together.

We went to the Las Vegas Natural History Museum and saw dinosaurs, snakes, mummies, fish, a rain frost obstacle course, and rocks.
After our museum, we went to Lake Havasu City, AZ. To get there we had to drive through California. Lake Havasu City has water and London Bridge.
We saw both. One day we rode the ferry. It was the only way were going to get on the water since renting water toys cost $90+. The ferry got $2 per person.
We played together in the pool, talked, and watched movies. In the Lake Havasu City, there are small scale lighthouses that surround the shoreline.
They are models of different ones that are across the United States. It is hard to part ways with friends and were sad to say goodbye to the Ryan family.


We arrived in Gilbert and stayed with the Morgan family. On Friday morning, I went and saw my friend from Pennsylvania, Suzette. She was visiting her in-laws in Tucson.
We haven't seen each other in about 5 years. It was marvelous to catch up. After seeing Suzette, we were going to go the Science Museum with our friend Hannah, but Hannah's daughter had been hospitalized for a scorpion sting.
Instead we had lunch in the hospital together. We are glad to know that Hannah's daughter was released the next day.

We were introduced to Bahama Bucks and swam in the afternoon.


Be Well.

*****
Treats in the car made into a symbol.

 Swimming in the Pool

 Swimming in the Pool

 Swimming in the Lake

I sent Lance a picture so he would remember what I looked like.

 Lighthouse

Cyndy and I are visiting London Bridge.
I believe the temperature was 115.

 The boys and I are posing at London Bridge.

They found their way to my bed and kicked me out.

No comments: