Monday, May 16, 2016

3/4 Gone and Allergy Attack

We had a low key week. Boys went to school. Sweetheart went to work. I took care of our house and volunteered at the school one more day than normal for book fair.

In foster care class, we learned about attachment and some of the basics about attachment for children who are displaced.

Sweetheart went to an allergist a few years ago and had his back pricked to see what he was allergic to in Arizona. If you have a reaction that is bigger than 3 in circumference you have an allergy to that thing. I'm not sure if the measure is millimeters or centimeters. When he was test for mesquite trees, he had a reaction of a 22.

On Saturday, we trimmed the big mesquite tree in our backyard. Sweetheart couldn't help because of his allergy. He did try to help by covering the load we were taking to the dump but ended up wheezing and needing to take some stronger allergy medicine. We are grateful for the medicine to help him.

The job was done by the boys, a teenage neighbor, and myself. We took 2 weekends, 2 trips to the dump, and some acrobatics in the tree. When I say trimmed, I mean cut off about 3/4 of the tree.
The tree has never really been pruned except to take a branch away from the house and another from the trampoline. As I was in the tree, I thought of my Uncle David and thought I could have used his pole chainsaw.
Be Well.

No comments: