Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Family Pictures and Emergency Room

We had a quiet week. We started making pies for the Pie Party - the ones that go in the freezer. Underfoot and Hurricane went to school, piano lessons, and other school activities.
 
We also took family pictures. This is how they went. Sweetheart had a game night. He was super excited because he taught a new person how to play his game. We've taught our boys how to play the game Hearts. We play before we go to bed. The boys call the Queen of Spades the Old Lady.

Sweetheart writes:
Wendy and I started exercising this week, in an effort to trim waistlines and have improved health. We did pretty well until..... Prepare for a laugh....One thing we did was a lot of push ups. On Sunday she started to have pain in her chest. The pain caused her to take deeper breaths, which caused the pain to increase. The increased pain caused considerable panic in me.

We were driving home from church when the pain started. Wendy pulled over and had me drive. Wendy insisted that we take our children to a friends' house since I made the decision to call for help. She didn't want them to be concerned. I called the community fire station which led to an ambulance ride to the Emergency Room. Wendy kept ma
king jokes. The emergency personal didn't laugh at her jokes like she thought they would.

The pain wasn't a heartache like I thought it was. In the end, Wendy will be fine. She is sore and can breath again. The cause was one of the joints in Wendy's sternum and ribs got pulled, inflamed, or bruised. We aren't sure which. This caused a lot of pain. I must admit that I was really nervous for a while. I've never been confronted with the prospect of loosing her. I guess I am not very good at keeping my cool.

Be Well.

1 comment:

Hilary said...

I quite like your picture. That seems like an accurate portrayal of life with kids that age.

What a health scare you had! I'm so glad it wasn't your heart, but I'm sorry you are hurt at all. I hope you heal well.