Sunday, February 22, 2015

Viral Pneumonia

Here is a picture from last week. All Hurricane wanted was his trophy.

Sweetheart and I were thanked for our service at church for working with the Young Men ages 16-18 and being the Cub Committee Chair.
We have been asked, and we've accepted to minister, get to know, and work along side the young single adults (ages 18-30) and the welcoming committee for the ward. Welcoming committee is more of helping people get settled when they move here. Letting them know where the closest grocery store is, when the book mobile come, and other stuff like that. We will have fun working together.

I finally got into the doctor on Wednesday. She had me take a chest x-ray before seeing her. When I saw her, she did all the things a doctor does when you are sick. Then she looked at the x-ray and saw that my left lower lung didn't look right - viral pneumonia. The best thing about this so far is that I've learned how to spell pneumonia. Treatment is no antibiotics. She did give me an inhaler with albuterol for coughing during the day and cough syrup for the night. I haven't had the cough syrup since Wednesday night. I've slept through the night for the first time in 2 weeks! I've used the inhaler every day except for today. I feel that I'm getting stronger, but Sweetheart doesn't want me to push it. He's concerned I'll relapse.

Sweetheart and the boys worked really hard to clean off the floor so we can tile.
There is no carpet in the hall way and in front of the front door.
Sweetheart didn't think would take as long to get the floor ready as it has.

This is Sweetheart....

Everyone asks how Mama is doing. She has been hit hard by this illness. She's had to stay in bed for the better part of the last 3 weeks. People have brought us meals, helped us by watching our boys, and been very kind to us.

I've done my best to keep the house together. I've gained a much greater appreciation for the challenges of a single parent. Today I spent time with Underfoot and Hurricane, teaching them about how to program a computer. The website is the best I've ever seen. I am excited to share the joys of computer programming with Underfoot and Hurricane.

Today Mama showed me something else that I find extremely interesting. It is a beehive that allows you to harvest the honey without disturbing the bees!

 Apple Tree
Be well!

 Almond Tree

 Apple Tree

 Apple Tree

 One of the Ladies

No comments: