Monday, July 9, 2012

July 9

After leaving Arizona, we traveled to Utah. On Saturday, Mama's family met together in Salt Lake and used the City Pass to visit multiple locations for one price. We went to the Gateway Children's Museum, the Lion House Pantry (for lunch - SO YUMMY!), and the Leonardo. It was so good to see each other. The children played and played. The funny part was that we walked from the Children's Museum to the Lion House. Afterward we rode Trax because we learned that it was free to ride within certain blocks. We were SO TIRED from walking. We did ride Trax back and were happy to do it! We went and swam at my Grandpa H's house then to supper.

On Sunday we attended the Mormon Tabernacle Broadcast for the 4th of July. To attend the broadcast you need to be 8 years old. My Mom made arrangements for our boys and niece to be babysat. The babysitter was great! Sweetheart and I enjoyed the broadcast. Grandpa H invited us to his new apartment which is beautiful. We returned to Grandpa H's condo and helped pack up. 

Monday: We didn't have one of our finer moments, and after breakfast traveled to Idaho. We all ended up at the family cabin with a good supper. 

Tuesday: Games were played with nieces. Guns were shot with big boys. Tours were done with 4-wheelers.

Wednesday: The 4th of July was an eventful day. We attended the parade, and the ISU mascot, Benny, picked us out of the crowd to have his picture taken with our family! After the parade, we went to the car museum, ate lunch, and rode on the Jeep and old fire engine. In the evening we had a BBQ and watched fireworks at my sister's in-laws home. They were beautiful.

Thursday: We cleaned up because I only packed 5 outfits for each of the boys. I, on the other hand, always over pack for myself. This time though I wore everything at least once. That's an accomplishment because sometimes I pack clothes I never wear. :) We were given the assignment to go back to the cabin and put the linens in plastic bins to protect them from rodents. We drove to the cabin and all promptly took naps. I guess we've been going really hard.

My Dad and his siblings are going through the belongings of their parents. They spent Thursday, Friday, and Saturday together. In the evening when he would come home, we would listen to him share stories of the day which was fun to remember my Grandparents and what they valued.

Friday: Sweetheart went to California to help his parents move. We drove him to Idaho Falls and returned to Pocatello to see my sister and our niece. They are moving to Missouri for her husband to attend medical school. We helped finish packing their home and then went to supper together with my siblings and their families and my parents.

Saturday: We got up early to see S (K's husband) and A, my brother, off to Missouri. Tears were shed, and they left. We were lucky to have S, our niece/cousin, for the day. Hurricane and Underfoot wanted to sit by her, get her food and especially candy, and to take care of her when she cried. As sisters and parents we spent the evening together. I enjoyed it very much.

Sunday was church. After church, we ate lunch with my Dad's siblings and one of my cousins and his wife and their friend from Chicago. It was good to have a family dinner because my Grandma K loved to get her family together. In the evening, I went and saw my college roommate from Ricks. We talked and talked. Ann has a darling family of 5 warm, kind children. Her husband is finishing Pharmacy school, and they are very optimistic for their future. It has been 17 years since we met. I think that we've gotten better with age.

Today we will pick Sweetheart up from the airport and return to Arizona. We hope you are well.

Be well.

No comments: