Sunday, February 13, 2011

Cleaning Up

Here are few pictures. If you check out the previous posts, one has one of K2 with peanut butter all over him.

We cleaned up this week. We cleaned the carpets, the couch, the laundry, the ironing, and the shed. Kirk helped with the cleaning by adding 2 pieces of pink chalk to the bottom of his pajamas in the whites. We didn’t know about it until we were folding the a suspiciously pink set of white clothes. It didn’t turn the clothes completely pink. Just a hue of light, light pink.

The carpets and couch cleaning were a birthday present. I was so happy for the present! We had to spend the day out of the house eating lunch out and supper out. (Underfoot fell asleep at the table in the restaurant during supper.) My brother (who shares my birthday) called and asked what I wanted that day for my birthday. I told him that I wanted new shoes. He told me to go out and buy them with Lance’s money and put my brother’s name on the card. I laughed. Later that day I went with a friend to the store because she was going to buy herself some shoes. I ended up buying shoes instead of her.

When we correct K2 now, he will look at us and say, “no, no” like the fish from “The Cat In The Hat” and will stop or do it again. When he really gets it, he will say okay and will be corrected. The way he says okay is so darling because it is sweet and kind. He says okay with almost a reverence like he is showing love. He melts my heart when he says it and is obedient.

Underfoot has been really interested in reading this week. He tells us he going to read to us when we get out a book. He will repeat the words that we read to him. He has also been tired because of some of the long days we have been keeping. Joy School days are very long for him. He isn’t sure if he wants to give up a nap or not. Some days he insists on having a nap and other days he just want to be my buddy as K2 takes a nap. He wants to sit on my lap and love me or have me love him.

L4 surprised us by buying tickets to a show at the Gaslight Theater. The Gaslight is a melodrama theater with lots of singing, dancing, improve, and audience participation. He got 4 tickets. We went back and forth about taking another couple or taking our boys. We decided to take the boys. We’re glad we did. They had a great time. (So did we!) It was fun to watch K2 and Underfoot react to the show. They sat entranced by the singing and dancing. During one of the intermissions, they announced birthdays and anniversaries and pass out an ice cream cone. They made too many cones and shared the left overs with our little boys. It made underfoot's night.

After the show we went to a new dessert only restaurant called Something Sweet. We met another couple there, and K2 and Underfoot ate one slice of cake between them. It was a wonderful night.

Underfoot says: I went to a birthday party yesterday. We went to a show. I went Joy School because I was better this week. I got bubbles and my friends got to come play. I put my arm around my Mom’s neck and gave her loves during the show.

2 comments:

Kris said...

I'm so glad that you're getting to enjoy some of Tucson's fun things to do! The Gaslight is so fun, & Something Sweet is one of our favorite places to treat ourselves. It sounds like you guys are keeping really busy!

Casey said...

I love your brother comment. Sounds like something one of my brother might say. Where is something sweet? I have wanted to do Gaslight just never followed thru that will have to be on my to do list.