Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Things I Am Grateful For....

Certain things are happening in my life to have me reflect on what is important and what I want. Instead of waulering in misery and despair, my Mom suggested that I write a list of things I am truly grateful. They are not in a particular order. All the listed items touch the atonement of Jesus Christ in some way. Some are obvious and others are private experiences to let me know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me. I struggle with giving up my will (a.k.a. stubbornness because I think I know better than others). I'm grateful for the atonement because I sure don't know how most of these things would be in my life without the toning (pruning, plucking, humbling) process of coming to know the Savior.

1. A husband that adores me
2. Two healthy boys
3. Marriage with my husband
4. Parents that listen and give advise and comfort (a tenderhearted Dad and a go-getter Mom)
5. Priesthood blessings
6. Agency
7. Growth in plants but mostly life circumstances
8. In-laws for support and that gave me the best thing they ever had (my husband)
9. Grandparents who taught through love and by example
10. The chance to give life and know that it is a most precious gift
11. Sunshine to remind me that Heavenly Father loves me
12. My husband's employment
13. Family history and remembering the past
14. A visiting teacher that came immediately
15. Opportunities to be humble and ask for help
16. A little boy who prays for Mom
17. The sacrament
18. Siblings that have great perspective about life circumstances
19. Forgiveness and change with repentance
20. The chance to learn to be obedient
21. To know what sorrow is to know what true joy and gratitude are
22. Scriptures
23. Walking with my family at night
24. Job charts
25. Endless lists of things to do
26. Neighbors
27. Kindred spirits
28. Pictures of family, friends, and memories
29. Tears
30. Temples
31. Enthusiasm
32. Louis L'Amour books
33. Nursery Leaders
34. Primary classes
35. Monsoon rain
36. A clean scrubbed kitchen floor and Grandma Melba
37. The desert
38. The Portneuf Gap
39. Education
40. Life after death and the thinness of the veil
41. Health Insurance

1 comment:

Shaulan said...

your list is inspirational. thanks for sharing it. one that i hadn't thought of was the sun- but it's so true! the skies remind us of heaven and God.