Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Poem

Here is a poem made by Louisa Mauss Christensen during Franklin D. Roosevelt's time as president. History doesn't start anew it just circles around to confuse us. Louisa Mauss Christensen was my Great Great Grandma. My auntie sent this through an email.

The Government is my Shepard.

I need not work.

It alloweth me to lie down on good jobs.

It leadeth me beside still factories.

It destroys my initiative;

Yes, tho I walk thru the valley of laziness and deficity spending,
I will fear no evil, for the Government is with me.

Its doles and its vote-getters, they comfort me.

It prepareth a Utopia for me by appropriating the earnings of my children.

It filleth my head with bologna,

My inefficiency runneth over.

Surely the Government shall care for me all the days of my life,

and I shall dwell in a fool's paradise forever.

Louisa Mauss Christensen

No comments: